Sunday 20 March 2011

Cornwall not Poole .....

Hey guys, well here is the first post regarding my first trip away.

I originally had thought that the conference we were going to was in Poole, I was thinking sweet... not too long to drive maybe 3 and a half hours drive give or take... however I found out this was not the case, but actually the man leading the weekend (Matt Hosier) was from Poole, however..... the conference was in a small village/town in Kilkhampton, Cornwall. Roughly about 7 hours driving, so my guestimate was a little bit out! :-)

Anyway... what a brilliant weekend it was. I picked up Julian in the morning and set off down the M1, after a couple of stop offs at services and a chat to a guy who had this crazy windpowered lyingdown bike/trike that he could go up to 50mph down the beach on, we arrived in Kilkhampton.

Just having some time with Julian to chat, understand and know each other a bit was so valuable and I really enjoyed it. Julian is such a genuine and happy person to be around, a really awesome dude! He spoke on the Saturday morning and evening and God was really there. In the evening meeting Julian got me up on my feet and I gave a couple of words to people which was a new experience for me, but was brilliant fun! :-)

For me the biglearn of the weekend among other things is that it is only by the grace that God gives that weare able to do anything from the very normal and sometimes boring things to the supernatural, life changing and inspiring kindom of heaven coming on earth.
Love it!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment